Mall Sport South America Rookie Fest 2010: the Freeride Edition
After events in Europe, Asia and Australia, the Black Yeti will land in Valle Nevado, Chile for the Mall Sport South America Rookie Fest “The Freeride Edition". Infact the 10 days program of this unique event, from August 13rd to August 23rd, includes a Swatch TTR 2star slopestyle contest, trainings with pros and many freeride activities in the backcountry paradise around Valle Nevado.
During the previous event of the World Rookie Tour, the top rookies were scouted and their careers launched. More than 500 young riders from 27 nations joined last season tour which culminated in Ischgl, Austria, with the 4Star Protest World Rookie Finals, where finnish ripper Roope Tonteri won his second World Rookie Champion title. Now the Black Yeti is moving to South America and continue the search for the next snowboarding future star around the globe.
Invited European rookies, togheter with RedBull rider Filippo Kratter and international media, are next to move to Chile for the last stop of the southern hemisphere schedule of the World Rookie Tour 2010. They will enjoy a week of powder kickers, photo shootings and film sessions in Valle Nevado backcountry area and the top South America rookies from the slopestyle competition will be invited to join it.
After this event there will be a short break in the World Rookie Tour. Northern Hemisphere schedule 2010.11 will be announced next september but the main stops are already confirmed: Protest World Rookie Fest in Livigno and Protest World Rookie Finals in Ischgl will take place in January and April 2011.
The World Rookie Tour is organized by World Snowboard Federation and its member national snowboard associations. The event in Chile is organized in association with Anden, Valle Nevado and Mall Sport. Full list of rookie events, press releases, pictures and video, details about the World Rookie Rank and more is available on www.worldsnowboardfederation.org
Mall Sport South America Rookie Fest – Program
- Friday, August 13rd : arrival of the European crew and first visit of Valle Nevado Ski Resort
- Saturday, August 14th : Freestyle trainings in Valle Nevado Snowpark with Filippo Kratter
- Sunday, August 15th : Slopestyle contest (inscription 16.000$ at 8.00am at Terraza Slalom in Valle Nevado)
- Monday, August 16th : Start of the Freeride Program with European invited rookies and pros, best 2 south americam riders from slopestyle and Anden Crew.
- Tuesday,August 17th : Powder Kicker Session and Photo Shooting with BoardTV and Aestetiker TV.
- Wednesday, August 18th : Mall Sport Freeride Session
- Thursday, August 19th: Chilean Dinner & Party at “A-House" in Farellone by Fabian Giavio and Urban Rail Session in Farellones.
- Friday, August 20th: Night Photo Shooting
- Saturday, August 21st : to be defined
- Sunday, August 22nd : final event at “Santa Pizza Wave House" with Chilean Dinner, Skateboarding, Flow riding and Party.
- Monday, August 23rd : Departure day
- Warning: 1 Day Flash Surf Trip to be defined
World Rookie Tour Rules
The title of World Rookie Champion 2011 will be awarded to the winner of the 4Star World Rookie Finals 2011 in Ischgl, Austria, reserved to the top riders from previous Rookie Fests, plus selected riders from National Snowboard Associations and the top 20 riders, male and female, from the World Rookie Rank. Check it on www.worldsnowboardfederation.org