This January 6th and 7th, sixteen of the world’s top park riders will compete in the 5th Red Bull Nanshan Open in Beijing, China, for 100,000 RMB in cash. This International snowboard contest will take place in the newly expanded Nokia Nanshan Mellow Park and is part of the TTR World Snowboard Tour (www.ttrworldtour.com).
“Because of the success of the first four Nanshan Opens, the contest has expanded and matured,” said Steve Zdarsky, Mellow Constructions CEO and founder of the event. “This season we are proud to host some of the worlds most well known snowboarders in a country where the sport has gone from obscurity to a big deal in no time.”
The Nanshan Open is a two-day event, with live musical acts provided by Gibson, award winning DJs and the highest level of snowboarding China will see so far. With the finest snowpark, world-class snowboarders and premium partnership, this event has all the ingredients to be the most thrilling sporting event in the country.
The confirmed riders to compete at this year’s Nanshan Open are:
- manuel bernert / austria – rossignol, dc
- jonte edvardson / sweden – nitro, deeluxe
- anssi manninen / finland – artec snowboards, deeluxe, o’neill
- ruiki masuda / japan – volcom, lib tech, dragon
- mone monsberger / austria – k2, planet earth, vans
- danny larsen / norway – k2, whiteout, spy
- tadej valentan / slovenia – atomic, deeluxe, sessions
- atsushi ishikawa / japan – quiksilver, nitro, deeluxe
- jp tomich / usa – salomon, quiksilver, smith optics
- hampus mosesson / sweden – gnu, quiksilver, thirty two
- austin smith / usa – quiksilver, k2, dakine
- marc andre tarte / canada – voelkl, westbeach, adidas eyewear
- jakob wilhelmson / sweden – lib tech, quiksilver, level
- aleksi vanninen / finnland – artec snowboards, 686, spy
- naoya hama / japan – volcom, salomon, dragon
- kalle ohlson / sweden – vans, bataleon, haze
The 5th Red Bull Nanshan Open is limited to invited professionals and qualified amateurs. The top ten local riders from the Mellow Snowpark Tour (www.mellowparks.cn) will advance to the Open for a chance to take home 10,000 RMB in Cash.
The 5th Red Bull Nanshan Open is brought to you in part by Quiksilver, Deeluxe, Dakine, Gibson Guitars and Nokia Mellow Parks.
Check out more news on the Nanshan Open, visit www.nanshanmellowpark.com.