Find out who'll be facing off against who in tomorrow's Nike 6.0 Air&Style in Munich. Some tasty battles, for sure!
Hot off the press, here's how the first round of tomorrow's Nike 6.0 Air&Style Munich will go down. And for the hell of it, we've tried to call how it will pan out...
Iouri Podladtchikov vs Ethan Morgan
- Ethan will have the home crowd on his side, and has the skills to pay the bills, but sending it in front of 30,000 peeps could mess with the rookie's head. Iouri's got the experience on the big stage - not to mention the bangers up his sleeve. IPod is our call for this.
Seppe Smits vs Mason Aguirre
- Seppe has been on fire at kicker contests this year with the back 12 double on über lock. It would be a brave man who'd bet against him sending it again, and while Mason certainly has the lick, Seppe just slays these mothers. Seppe will advance.
Janne Korpi vs Halldor Helgason
- Very interesting. Korpi is a consistently rad rider, but there's few who'd argue that Halldor on his day could put the beatdown on anyone on the planet. It all depends which Halldor turns up - the on-it Lobster or the over-it Lobster. We're calling Halldor to take this heat.
Werni Stock vs Peter König
- The battle of the Zillertalers. PK is one of our favourite Austrians of all time - he's force fed us dirty schapps on more than one occasion for which we offer thanks - but this shit's brutal and Werni's switch back 12s and front double 10s we feel will give him the edge. Werni will take down his homeboy here.
Markus Malin vs Nils Arvidsson
- Sending it and consistency are two words Markus Malin knows well, however Nils has the deep wizard's sleeve of off axis multi flipping and comes in carrying momentum from getting to the finals in Innsbruck. Tricky one, but our feeling is that Nils' trickery will carry him through.
Seb Toutant vs Christian Haller
- Sorry, Hitch. Unless he falls we're plumping for Seb Toutant to take this face-off. Just can't see Haller having anything to answer one of the 6 doubles Toots has been putting down in training....
Sage Kotsenberg vs Ulrik Badertscher
- Perhaps the most interesting of the head-to-heads in the first round. Mr Cab 1440 Double meets Mr Backside 1620. Don't be fooled, both of these boys also have the steeze to send it and this is super tough to call... but we're gonna go for Sage on this. Call it another momentum thang.
Peetu Piiroinen vs Markku Koski - This one slipped through the net yesterday for reasons only known to the internet. Our initial bet would be on Peetu taking down his compatriot, however we saw him last night nursing a bad dose of the lurgey, not to mention his ribs that he spanked at the Air&Style Innsbruck. With that knowledge, we have to say we're feeling Markku for this.
[UPDATE - HERE'S SEPPE SMITS SENDING IT IN TRAINING]
So there you have it. Tune in tomorrow to see how on the money we were.