100 Rookies from 15 nations landed in Livigno, Italy, for the Protest World Rookie Fest to enjoy one of the greatest snowpark in Europe and have fun in the most famous youth snowboard event. Sunday trainings saw already an high level of riding and all the participants get into the event mood: have fun, progress, meet new friends from all over, ride with the pros, get filmed, talk with team managers and feel the true essence of snowboarding.
After the trainings all the participants have the opportunity to watch "The History of Snowboarding" produced by the Swatch TTR World Pro Tour and know more about the roots of our sports. In fact the WRF program include different activities every day: snowboarding is not just about competing and the Protest World Rookie Fest is not only a competition.
The Protest World Rookie Fest is one of the very few youth event in the world to be Climate Neutral. The event measures its own carbon footprints and then take action by reducing emissions and offsetting unavoidable emissions by purchasing credits from Renewable Energy from Wood Biomass based in Tirano, a few kilometers from Livigno. Mother Nature is in the Yeti's mind!
- Ticket to the Oakley Arctic Challenge in Olso and to the Ride Shakedown in Garmisch
- Only for girls!! Ticket for the Rip Curl Sista Sessions for the best girl
- Trip to Chile for the best male
- Invitation to the Onboard Rookie Shooting 2011 for the best male
- Only for girls!! Invitation to the Cooler Rookie Shooting 2011 for the best girl
- 3 Surf camp in France powered by www.surftolive.com
- Gifts from the sponsors as Tech Riders, Protest and Ride Snowboards goodies.
The Protest World Rookie Fest in Livigno is organized by the World Snowboard Federation in collaboration with Board Riders, and it was made possible by Protest Boardwear, Ride Snowboards, Surf To Live and Snowpark.it, Swatch Snowpark Mottolino, Livigno Tourist Office and Skipassion, energized by RedBull supported by Tech Riders. You can follow the Protest World Rookie Fest on our international media partners Onboard European Snowboard Magazine, Cooler, Entry and Board.tv.
Home Page: www.worldsnowboardfederation.org
Info and Registrations