This year Oxbox’s Kids Week 2007 aims to bring together the enthusiastic kids of extreme sports including Snowboard, Free Ski and Surf for an intensive week of training. Purely for kids under 16 the week looks to discover new talents within the realms of each sport. When it started in Tignes, summer of 2000 the week attracted the likes of World famous halfpipe rider Shaun White, Mathieu Crepel and Gary Zebrowsky so the training obviously packs a punch. Moving through the years the tour has developed to encompass more European locations and sports to culminate a broad spectrum of today’s youth riding.
This year the OXBOW KID’S WEEK TOUR will look to pick the best kid from each location who will then be entered into the finals held in les Deux Alpes for snow/ski and the Marinella beach in Anglet for surf in summer 2007. As well as these finals, they will also have both of these tour stops as training sessions. The week will include the following training;
- One-week training program with the professionals including physical training, studying, video analysis, end of week final competition...
- Oxbow’s junior team riders will be on hand as advisors.
- Share experiences with the Oxbow team riders.
- The over all winner of Kids Week will win a sponsorship deal with Oxbow.
- Kids will also get the chance to show their talents to other potential sponsors. DVD’s will be sent to various team managers with kids contact details.
- CD of photographs taken throughout the week, by a professional photographer, will be available.
- Opportunities to collaborate with media companies.
- A six minute film broadcasted on different TV channels each week.
Here are the dates for the ski & snowboard qualification. The winners of these contests will go on to compete in the Les Deux Alpes finals, summer 2007;
Winter tour for Ski Freestyle & Snowboard
- Sunday February 11th, Auron
- Wednesday February 14th, Saas Fee (Switzerland)
- Monday February 19th, Tignes
- Wednesday February 21st, 7 Laux
- Friday February 23rd, Super Dévoluy
- Friday March 2nd, Tourmalet La Mongie
- Friday March 4th, Port-ainé (Spain)
- Saturday March 17th, Piancavallo (Italy)
Here are the dates for the surf qualification. The winners of these contests will go on to compete in the Marinella beach Anglet, summer 2007;
Summer tour for SURF
- Beginning of July, Newquay (UK)
- Beginning of July, Bretagne (France)
- Beginning of July, Vendée (France)
- Beginning of July, Aquitaine (France)
- Beginning of July, Landes (France)
- Beginning of July, Pays Basque (Spain)
The finals week will include the best riding of the tour along with some great coaching. A chance to see the best kids in snowboarding and surf battle it out for the overall title and a chance to get involved with the training.
Les 2 Alpes from July 14th to 21st 2007
Anglet from July 21st to 28th 2007