It’s time to strap yourself in and start filming! Poland’s Kasia Kwiecien did just that and with a blinder of a snowboard clip entry, she won herself a trip to Iceland to hang out with the Nikita crew. Courtesy of the Nikita Snowboard Clip Contest, Kasia was picked out from hundreds of entries of girls who entered to win the chance of a lifetime.
“I am sure it was the best trip of my life!! I’d like to thank all the Nikita crew, people who voted for me and my friend Aram who was patient while recording me.” – Kasia’s comment after returning from June’s trip to Iceland.
Well, the Nikita Snowboard Clip Contest is BACK! Launching October 1st 2008, grab your gear, grab a friendly filmer, get the hell out the house and go riding. We want to see your best compilation of clips. Nikita judges will pick the winner from the highest rated clips on Nikita’s YouTube site and will be invited to Iceland to ride the glacier amongst other arctic adventures with the Nikita crew. Oh yes, be ready to head to the mysterious land of lore in the luscious springtime of 2009. You have all winter to work on this and get your clips in before the 30th March 2009 deadline.
Kasias looking pretty stoked in Iceland…
To enter all you have to do is:
• Be a chick!
• Be 18 years of age or over
• Enter snowboard clips ONLY please – as long as there is some sort of snowboard action, the Nikita panel of judges will accept it
• Maximum of 3 clips per person
• Clips can be as long or short as you want as long as they don’t exceed the size limit
• Maximum size of clips is 5 MB
• Accept that all entries sent in will be put on Nikita’s YouTube contest site, Nikita’s Mpora and Vimeo channels
• Send in your entries to email@example.com before 30th March 2009
* * * Make sure you also include your full name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail and contact telephone number along with any other info you feel is relevant.
Watch Kasias winning clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXE33PYnz98
Watch Kasias trip to Iceland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKDwAPyqBMY