After more than half of the stops of the pan-European amateur contest series Burton AM Tour it has already been drawing more riders and a bigger audience than last year’s successful kick-off. Despite poor snow conditions, which also affected the Burton AM Tour and resulted in three cancelled stops (Les Crosets, Madesimo and Heubach), riders have been stoked by the professional conditions and the support from local resorts. As an effect, the riding level and the diversity of tricks showcased have been outstanding. And it looks good for the remaining stops: Snow conditions throughout the Alps have improved and all parks hosting the AM Tour are in good shape.
The Burton AM Tour is open to all male and female riders born in 1987 or later. The categories are Junior Girls/Boys (for riders born between 1987 and 1991) and Kid Girls/Boys (born in 1992 or later). All riders from the Junior Girls or Junior Boys categories also collect points for the Ticket to Ride (TTR) World Ranking. Current leaders in the overall tour ranking are ten year old Slovenian Tim-Kevin Ravnjak in the boys, and Norwegian Marthe Nordahl in the girls ranking. Over the six remaining stops riders will compete for prizes from Burton, tour sponsor Nixon, and the overall tour prize, an exclusive package for the Burton European Open 2008. It consists of a guaranteed starting slot and free accommodation and lodging at Europe’s biggest freestyle snowboarding competition in Laax, Switzerland.
Current Tour Leaders:
BOYS – Top 5
- 1. Ravnjak Tim-Kevin / Velenje / SLO / 372 p.
- 2. De Reus Chico / Capelle / NED / 217 p.
- 3. De Jong Dimi / Den Haag / NED / 159 p.
- 4. Zilaji Kristian / Ljubljana / SLO / 146 p.
- 5. Janosz Piotr / Katowice / POL / 140 p.
GIRLS – Top 5
- 1. Nordahl Marthe / Hilversum / NOR / 286 p.
- 2. Podgorna Anna / Innsbruck / POL / 192 p.
- 3. Van der Pouw Britte / Zoetermeer / NED / 100 p.
- 4. Bonnaud Alicia / La Ciotat / FRA / 100 p.
- 5. Berry Laura / Milton Keynes / GBR / 100
Remaining stops of the Burton AM Tour 2006/07:
- 10.03.2007 Milzkalns, LAT
- 17.03.2007 Kuutsemäe, EST
- 24.03.2007 Talma, FIN
- 31.03.2007 Kläppen, SWE
- 07.04.2007 Mayrhofen, AUT
- 21.04.2007 Hemsedal, NOR
More information under www.burtonamtour.com