AIM Series Goes Under the Knife
The British Snowboard and Freeski Tour 2007
Tuesday 15th May 2007 – Following five very successful years of the AIM Series, that has witnessed over 1000 competitors, visited over 50 schools and introduced over 4,000 newcomers to our beloved sports, the National Championship circuit has undergone a wee nip and tuck, and is ready to reveal the new look “British Snowboard and Freeski Tour", which will be unveiled this September 2007.
Continuing to represent the highest level of snowboard and freeski competition in the UK, the British Snowboard and Freeski Tour will also boast some very attractive new features including:- seven domestic competitions, two brand new venues, Friday night demo’s, free coaching sessions with the UK’s leading professional athletes as well as exclusive snowboard and freeski video premieres and parties.
By adding two new venues, Norwich and Chatham, and incorporating a dedicated schools tour program, which takes professional athletes and Olympians into the classroom, the British Snowboard and Freeski Tour 2007 will create new breeding grounds for emerging talent and continue to provide a path from grass roots participation through to international competition.
The British Snowboard Tour continues to be a prestigious Ticket to Ride (TTR) World Snowboard Tour ranked event, following an immensely successful first year. This resulted in two of the UK’s most promising riders, Sam Cullum and Jamie Nicholls, who both competed on the tour, finishing in a jaw dropping 39th and 66th position in the Men’s TTR World Snowboard Ranking List 2007! The Tour will give UK riders the continuing opportunity to not only win British Championship Titles, but to secure World Ranking Points and gain an overall position alongside snowboarding megastars such as Shaun White and Travis Rice. Check out www.ttrworldtour.com for more information.
- The British Snowboard Tour Dates:
- Saturday 15th September: Chatham - Artificial Slopestyle Championships
- Sunday 23rd September: Norwich - Artificial Snowboardcross Championships
- Saturday 29th September: Warmwell - Artificial Big Air Championships
- Saturday 6th October: SNO!zone, Castleford – Indoor Slopestyle Championships
- Saturday 13th October: SNO!zone, Milton Keynes – Indoor Snowboardcross Championships
- Friday 26th October: Metro Ski and Snowboard Show – Best of British Invitational
- Saturday 3rd November: SNO!zone, Glasgow – Indoor Big Air Championships
- 15th – 22nd March 2008 (TBC): Laax, Switzerland – The BRITS