Rome's third live "Ask the Rider" interview is over and Eiki pulled it off to a big success.
Riders from all over the globe asked Eiki questions ranging everywhere from what's the future of rail tricks, to what he likes more; Pepsi or Coke. Eiki answered questions from his home in Iceland for a solid two hours as fast as he could type. Some of the more memorable questions included:
1. Q: What do you think about “downtown kickers" as seen in FODT or other teasers? We think it’s the new shit, opening doors for new stuff? A: I love that stuff, I think its super dope!
2. Q: How do you like snowmobiling, I heard you were great at it? A: Its super fun when it goes good, but when it goes bad it sucks so much. It sure beats hiking though
3. Q: First came neon, then came baggy, now tight is in. What do you think is next in the world of snowboarding fashion? A: I think from now on its gonna be a mix of everything and that’s the way it should be, pick your own style.
4. Q: Front flip or back flip? It seems like everyone is doing front flips these days. A: I love all flips. I pick front flips on all small bumps and back flips on big jumps.
5. Q: In some of those TWS videos Bjorn was calling you Jedi and LNP was calling you Pepsi….what’s up with those nick-names? A: Jedi - cuz I landed the fs double cork first try and the bs double rodeo 2nd try, Pepsi cuz I drink at least 2 liters a day…hehehe
6. Q: What do you think will be the next new rail tricks? A: I think all kinds of 360’s in and revert spins out with presses and stuff….man it’s gonna be hard!
“The Twitter interview was super cool, it’s a great idea for sure. I had fun and I’m down for doing it again someday." – Eiki Helgason
Big thanks again to Eiki for answering all of the questions and everyone who tweeted questions. There were tons of great ones, including once again some classics from the UPDown Magazine guys in Canada who sent some that probably can’t be repeated here.
We have selected the winner at random and the lucky person is “AngrySnowboard" and will be getting a new pair of 390 bindings, Eiki’s binding of choice.
Stay tuned to romesnowboards.com as well as twitter.com/romesds for more updates on the happenings of the SDS as well as the announcement of when and with whom the next “Ask the Rider" interview will be going down.