Climate change – it was the subject on everybody’s lips last season with the meager snowfall Europe received, and so the first issue of 0708 is dedicated to exploring the issue of environmental awareness. Printed on recycled paper, inside you’ll find:
– Pat Vermeulen chronicles his battles with the lack of snow and finds inspiration.
– Lundström travels to China and questions the validity of charging them as serial CO2 polluters.
– Scalp takes matters into his own hands to clean up what others leave behind.
– We bring you the Snowboarder’s Guide to Saving the Planet – ways in which you can make a difference.
– German shredstress Silvia Mittermüller embarks on a day trip to Hintertux while trying to minimize her carbon footprint.
There’s also a Year of the Storbonauts, to complement the covermounted DVD from Storbis, a full TTR roundup and interviews with tour champions Shaun White and Torah Bright, and a heap of killer photography, sandle-wearing do-goodery and general snowboarding whatnot.
Check it out.