Feet up on the couch, digesting an issue of Onboard. What better way to take Six of the Best? Photo: Sami Tuoriniemi.
The young Aussie rippette dropped by our office the other day as part of a Roxy promo tour round Europe, so we gladly took advantage of the opportunity to let the cat out the bag and crack her with Six of the Best. Not literally, of course. We just grilled the poor girl with some questions…
Six of the Best…
Spots to shred?
– Park City, UT.
– Brighton, UT.
– St. Moritz and the Engadin valley.
– Perisher Blue & Threadboe, Australia. They’re the resorts I grew up at.
– Stefan Gimpl showed us round some great resorts in Austria, in the Zell am See/Saalbach region.
– New Zealand. Snowpark… Treblecone… This is so hard.
Experiences in snowboarding?
– I’ll never forget at the Arctic Challenge when I did a McTwist, ’cause it was giant and I was so surprised at myself [laughs]. So that was a pretty cool experience.
– My first trip overseas. We went to Canada from Australia, and then travelled on to Europe. That whole first traveling experience, everything about it was pretty cool at 14-years-old.
– I came second at a Big Air contest when I was 15-years-old, second to Hana Beaman. It was my first year in the States. That was pretty cool. It was my first prize money ever, I won like $5,000. It was the Sims World Championships, I think.
– My first Roxy package. The first sponsor box – it was amazing! I’ll never forget… I wish I still had some of the clothing from that too… I remember we got sent these boardshorts and bikinis and they matched each other and I thought that was the best thing ever!
– Winning the Global Open Series twice, maybe only because that bought me my house… [laughs]. That, or winning the XGames
– My first heliboarding trip.
– I love to do suitcase Methods [laughs].
– Frontside 360s.
– Methods, if I could do them properly. I’m working on it though.
– Air to fakies.
– Err, straight airs? [laughs]. No, the backflip!
Riders of all time?
– Ingemar Backman.
– Victoria Jealouse.
– Nicola Thost.
– Craig Kelly.
– Travis Rice.
Ways to kill time?
– Listening to music.
– Watching movies.
– Talking on the phone.
– Going for a drive. How’s that? I definitely know how to kill time, right? That just rolled off!
And just in case you didn’t know, you should never, ever, get in a fight with Torah Bright. See why on Onboard TV. She’d take you to the frickin’ cleaners, mate.