This week, we draw back our editorial arm and hit German freestyle queen Silvia Mittermüller with Six of the Best.
Six Of The Best…
…Spots to shred
– Copper Mountain
– Whistler Summercamp
…Riders of all time
– Terje Håkonsen
– Tara Dakides
– Shaun White
– Travis Rice
– Peter Line
– Nicola Thost
…Experiences on your snowboard
– Landing my first frontside 3s in Ruka – after falling on my ass for over 1 whole year!
– Kisses on the T bar lift.
– Highest ollie contest in China.
– Discovering that the stories about Japanese tree runs with 1 meter of snow are true.
– Knocking myself out with some memory loss while just going down a slope.
– Pee-ing in the forest without unstrapping your snowboard.
…Things you always take on the mountain
– Chewing gum
– Bottle of water
– Mini hairbrush
– City of God
– Big Fish
– Blood Diamond
– Der Krieger und die Kaiserin
– Or was this about snowboard movies?
– Eating pasta when you get home at 4am
– Drinking a ton a of water when you get home at 4am
– Pasta for breakfast
– Drinking another ton of water
– Sleeping more after breakfast
– Frontside spins with tailgrabs
– (sw) nosepress (sw) bs180s anywhere
– (sw) bs 180s without grabs
– Alley-oop spins in the pipe
– Euro carves
– Nova’s Trick
…Ways to kill time
– Learn something, use your brain
– Read a good book
– Sports, train, exhaust yourself and prevent getting hurt this winter
– Go online and talk to your friends (emails, skype, anything but myspace)
– 8 hours of sleep a night!
– Actually all above I don’t do to kill time, it’s a part of my life I’d say – but if I am really trying to kill time I may paint my toenails!
…things that come with snowboarding
– Having the best reason in the world to get up early in the morning
– All kinds of language skills
– The stoke of learning a new trick
– Unexpected adventures of all kinds
– Being in shape
…Places for vacation
– A beach house in Brazil (hasn’t happened yet)
– Paris and speak French 24-7 (summer 07)
– Amsterdam by accident (a few years ago)
– Low-budget Seychelles vacation with someone you love (summer 06)
– With an RV through New Zealand (hasn’t happened yet)
– Travel by public busses and trains all through the African continent (hasn’t happened yet, only travelled through Morocco)
…Ways to get sponsored
– Right place, moment, situation
– Love what you do
– Focus on getting better not on getting sponsored
– Ride as much as you can
– If you have a lack of skills you will need an image at least
– Have your mum pay your lift tickets
…Groms to watch out for
– Jamie Anderson (already so established but still kind of a grom).
– Marco Smolla (especially if you’re female and over 30 years old).
– Fips Strauss (especially if you’re blond and around 25 years old).
– Tobi Strauss (especially if Fips already scored that night).
– Ethan Morgan (the first on this list I’d really call a grom).
– This little kid from the Summit team in Breck whose name I don’t know but did the sweetest cab 7s all last winter.
Name: Silvia Mittermüller
Date of Birth: 8.8.1983
Sponsors: Oakley, Vans, Elm, Purl, Planet Sports, Grenade
Board of Choice: not longer than 151 and really, really soft
Boots: Vans Omni (I love Boa!)
Bindings: Yes please!