- What amazing things happened to you after being Olympic Champ?
Winning the olympcs opened up doors I never knew were there and I ended up meeting lots of famous people and being on late night talk shows.
- Is being an Olympic Champion a life-changing event?
In terms of recognition? In terms of way of life? In terms of money? Yeah, I think it changed my life. I don't think I have changed as a person through it all though. I get to do the best job out there and have fun doing it.
- How is it to defend such a prestigious title?
I don't look at it as defending my medal. I am looking forward to having fun snowboarding and hopefully making it to the games again. I think whether you are snowboarding or just living your life, you get concerned of what people think of you, you will be in a tough spot. So I am just keeping my own goals in mind and trying not to focus on the 'what ifs'.
- How much training does the contest represent?
It is good for snowboards to be in shape. For injury pervention, and not being limited by your strength to do the tricks you want to do. For example, I like to go into a season strong because in the pipe I won't have to work so hard to go big. I just get to focus on my tricks and the amplitude will be there cause my legs are doing all the work. So yeah, I am in the gym and out side mountainbiking and surfing before the season.
- Does the Olympics present the same kind of pressure as other pipe contests?
No, there is not really another contest that compares to the Olympics. I have been to, and over the years won, most other contest and the Olympics is definitely the biggest deal. As a snowboarder the X Games and Opens are a big deal, but as an athlete there's nothing biger than the Olympics.
- Do you think you're the kind of person who performs better under pressure?
Yeah, I definitely perform better under pressure.
- Is there any special trick you want to achieve in a pipe?
No, just a big clean tecnical run.
- How do you think girl's riding is progressing compared to the boys?
Girls have progressed a great deal over the last few years. We are going bigger and do more technical runs. I don't know if it will ever be even with the boys, but I am excited to see where it goes.
- What do you say to all the people who are not convinced about the interest of having snowboarding as an Olympic sport?
Everyone has their own opinion. i am excited about the possibilities in the Olympics.