Submit your designs and the three best will not only be turned into snowboards and shown off at trade shows, you will walk away with one of them, too.
The snowboard you’ve always dreamt of riding can now become a reality, featuring your own individually designed topsheet graphic. And as if that wasn’t good enough, the Artec Cipher board, with its awesome shape and construction, will be the canvas on which you cut loose.
The Cipher? Yes, the Cipher sets the standard for freestyle performance. With the clean lines of its blunt twin tip shape, DiTec sidewalls for incredible jib performance and SuproTec woodcore with Composite bean technology for enhanced pop and control the Cipher is freestyle perfection. Just take your pick of one of the 3 different lengths – the 154.5cm, 156.5cm or 158.5cm can all be the canvas for your self-styled masterpiece.
Here’s how it works:
1. Create your own design
2. Submit it to Onboard
3. Participate in the raffle and have your design chosen for a custom board
Step 1: Create your graphic
- Create your own topsheet graphic design using one of the templates
- Follow the technical guidelines as listed below (see “Graphic Guidelines“) and make sure to include the Artec and Onboard logos (which both come with the templates)
- Avoid using explicit content in the graphics (again, see “Graphic Guidelines“)
Step 2: Submit your design
- Make a lo-res jpeg from your Photoshop, Illustrator or Freehand design
- Send this lo-res jpeg file of your work to [email protected] with the subject line “Artec Design Comp“.
- File size must be smaller than 10MB!
- If your work is chosen we will contact you for the hi-res .ai or .psd files – so you’d better keep them for later!
- Deadline for your submissions is 31 December 2010.
Step 3: How we choose the winners
- The winners of the contest will be chosen by the Artec international team in addition to the Artec and Onboard crews
- The top 3 designs will be made into actual snowboards which the winners will keep
- The people behind the top 10 designs will also receive awesome Artec/Onboard goodie packs
- Winners will be announced in January 2011
Unleash your imagination on the world; you call the shots when it comes to symbols, colours and text adorning your board graphic – it’s all about your personal style. However, the Artec guys are legally required to establish certain restrictions before producing your graphic, and here’s what they are…
Let your imagination run free when it comes to pulling your design together – but please note that any graphics containing any elements associated with the following will be rejected:
- Explicit violence
- Explicit sexual content
- Religious symbols
- Drugs, Alcohol or Tobacco
- Brand other than Elan, Artec or Onboard
- Trademarks or any legally protected properties
Additonal guidelines to help improve your entry
- Avoid detailed graphics and key messaging in the binding areas of the board (around the inserts) – your mounted bindings will obstruct your design in these areas
- Most board graphics feature prominently in the tail and mid sections of the board
- Think carefully about colour: certain combinations may not have the desired effect once they form part of your final board design
- Remember that the extremities of your rectangular graphic shape will not make the cut – so put any elements you want included within your board’s shape outline (check design template)
- Be careful when importing images or other files into your artwork; resolution will vary depending on the size of the file and image quality may be seriously affected if image resolution is insufficient – the easiest thing to do is to view the file in 1:1 zoom before uploading your graphic so you can see the graphic as they will appear on your board.
- Make sure to include both the Artec and the Onboard logos
That’s all you need to know. Now have at it and create the shred-stick of your dreams!