12/02/2014 | by Sam Oetiker
The Burton European Open semis were off the hook! Check the recap edits, read on for the skinny on what went down and check the full results below:
(LAAX, Switzerland), January 16, 2014 – All eyes at the Burton European Open presented by MINI were fixed on the infamous superpipe of LAAX as the Men’s and Women’s Semi-finals got under way. Despite cross winds and marginal light 16 Women and 32 Men put in three tough runs each as they battled for a place in Sunday’s Finals. When the final whistle blew the Swiss pair Iouri Podladtchikov and Ursina Haller lead the field.
Ursina Haller clinched the lead with her first run, which included a front 5 stale, and front 7, while Verena Rohrer (SUI) pushed Lucile Lefevre (FRA) out of the second spot in the last round to complete the top three positions. Behind them American Zoe Kalapos slipped into fourth place, with Slopestyle specialist Enni Rukajärvi (FIN) hanging in fifth; her stylish tweaks speaking volumes of her natural riding talent.
The men’s Semis was a battle between the Japanese and Swiss, with Shuhei Osanai and Ikkou Anai in the top two spots until Markus Keller put down what was the most stylish run of the contest and moved into first place. Iouri Podladtchikov dropped next, winding out a technical run that included a 9, two 10s and a huge cab 10 double, inching Markus out of first place. In the following run Christian Haller completed the Swiss sweep of the top three spots and for the next two runs their dominance remained unbeaten much to the delight of the spectators, among them local school kids, who lined the pipe.
With the top 10 spots filled in the Men’s finals and top 6 in the Women’s, the focus of tomorrow’s contest will move onto the brand new Slopestyle and the Men’s and Women’s Semis.Results BEO Halfipe Semi-Finals Women
1. Haller Ursina (SUI) 81.98 Punkte
2. Rohrer Verena (SUI) 74.88 Punkte
3. Lefevre Lucile (FRA) 70.03 Punkte
4. Kalapos Zoe (USA) 66.05 Punkte
5. Rukajärvi Enni (FIN) 64.38 Punkte
6. Somaini Carla (SUI) 61.53 PunkteResults BEO Halfipe Semi-Finals Men
1. Podladtchikov Iouri (SUI) 87.70 Punkte
2. Keller Markus (SUI) 79.68 Punkte
3. Haller Christian (SUI) 78.48 Punkte
4. Anai Ikkou (JPN) 77.85 Punkte
5. Pates Jake (USA) 77.60 Punkte
6. Osanai Shuhei (JPN) 76.53 Punkte
7. Ravnjak Tim-Kevin (SLO) 74.35 Punkte
8. Hosokawa Kosuke (JPN) 74.30 Punkte
9. Korpi Janne (FIN) 73.40 Punkte
10. Schärer Michael (SUI) 72.05 Punkte