It’s that time of year again. With winter fast approaching, the first dustings of snow beginning to fall on shred destinations and riders making plans to get away to their favourite spots, teams have been busy finding a few new snowboarding faces. As such, all at Westbeach we would like to welcome Andreas Moen and Tomi Savela to the team.
Andreas hails from Honefoss, Norway and spent most of his days as a youngster riding at his local mountain Norefjell. Since leaving high school he has been travelling and snowboarding all over place, popping up in a whole bunch of European, US and Canadian publications demonstrating his overenthusiastic riding style and leaving readers with dropped jaws, check him out in the new Pirates flick Lubedence.
Tomi Savela is one of those riders who can do the business, he has bags of natural talent and style. Tomi is from Helsinki, Finland but most of his time you can find him travelling all over Europe and the states, killing it wherever he goes. Watch out for Tomi the up coming Icon Snowboards movie.
Andreas and Tomi will be joining the rest of the guys on the Westbeach Team:
- Tomi Savela – Finland
- Andreas moen – Norway
- Friedl Kolar – Austria
- Roman Marti – Switzerland
- Danny Wheeler – U.K.
- Tomas Brunner – Switzerland
- Jon Cartwright – Canada
- Matt Belzile – Canada
- Friedl Kolar is in Yeahh Productions Public Yeahh a 16 mm film which features some heavyweights and new comers around the Austrian scene, they just had their premiere in Zurich.
- Tomas Brunner will be in the upcoming Thermos production it’s been two years in the making and highlights some slept on riders. The Thermos production will premiere in December.
- Roman Marti our other Swiss ripper has been busy with mmp’s new film Snowbored? Set for release end of October this should be the best yet from the Swiss mafia. Fresh back from freestyle.ch where Roman earned himself a respectable 8th over all. Roman will be spending his winter Shooting a lot in the Swiss Alps and Streetrails all over Europe.
More news on the movie front at Westbeach with long-serving rider Danny Wheeler, Danny has managed to produce the most progressive snowboard film to come out of the UK.
Westbeach has been on the road over the last few weeks putting on premieres, movie nights and jam session comps.
First was Brighton then Castleford and finally Bristol, Westbeach would like to thank everyone who made the effort by coming down to support the events. The film titled “skyrocket” will be available as a cover mount DVD on issue 84 of Onboard European snowboard magazine. Check it out.