Top TTR Six Star event, the Burton European Open, takes centre stage in Laax, Switzerland this coming week. An incredible 80% of the Men’s TTR Top Ten Ranked riders are getting ready to compete in the first scheduled contest, Slopestyle, to battle it out for up to 1000 TTR Ranking Points over 20-22nd January, 2007.
With a packed week of superior snowboarding from 20th-27th January, 2007, the Burton European Open 07 ushers in the first set of male and female riders aiming to claim title victory, a share of the huge prize purse and an increase in their TTR Ranking status. With a grand line-up of many of the world’s best freestyle snowboarders competing in the slopestyle contest, the battle for riders in the continuation of the Ticket To Ride (TTR) World Snowboard Tour 06/07 will make an immeasurable impact on the TTR Top Ten.
Current TTR Top Ten leader, Antti Autti (FIN), looks set to hold his TTR World No.1 position only if he achieves a podium slopestyle win. His sixth TTR result of the season, Autti could be overthrown by a win from either current TTR World No.3, Danny Davis (USA), or current TTR World No.4, Travis Rice (USA) – whose TTR statistical average is 1st at TTR Six Star slopestyle events – if he doesn’t finish in the top 23.
If reigning TTR World Snowboard Tour Champion Mathieu Crepel (FRA), currently TTR World No.6, rides with his average TTR Six Star result of 7th place, the odds look hot for Crepel to take the TTR World No.2 position. Markku Koski (FIN) also looks set to rise up in the ranks if he wins this, his first TTR slopestyle contest of the season, from current TTR World No.9 to TTR World No.5. First place would finally allow an entry into the TTR Top Ten for Olympic Gold Medalist, Shaun White (USA), with just three results on his TTR 06/07 career record.
In the TTR Women’s World Snowboard Tour, the absence of Jamie Anderson (USA) makes no difference to her standing as the current Women’s TTR World No.1 as she enjoys an unshakeable lead, due to six TTR results, placing her comfortably above her nearest rival TTR World No.2, Cheryl Maas (NED). Maas, reigning TTR World Snowboard Tour Champion will maintain her 2nd position with a win at slopestyle, though could well close the gap with Anderson through a halfpipe win later in the week. Both Hanna Beaman (USA) and Torah Bright (AUS) could easily enter the TTR Top Five with a title win, each averaging 3rd & 4th place respectively at their TTR Six Star slopestyle results.
The slopestyle results set the tone for the next installment of 1000 TTR Ranking Points – which will be available at the Burton European Open 07 Halfpipe event. The event continues its snowboard action with mid-week Juniors Jams and the awe-inspiring suspense of the men’s and women’s pipe contest over 25th-27th January, 2007.
For up-to-date results from the Burton European Open 07 check out TTR news during the week to witness the world’s best freestylers aiming to claim the TTR World Snowboard Tour Champion crown.
Burton European Open 07 Current Invited Riders MEN (Slopestyle (SS)/Halfpipe (HP) breakdown)
- 1/ Antti AUTTI (FIN) FLOW – SS
- 2/ Chris SOERMAN (SWE) BURTON – SS
- 3/ Christophe SCHMIDT (GER) SALOMON – HP
- 4/ Christian HALLER (SUI) BURTON – HP
- 5/ Danny DAVIS (USA) BURTON – SS
- 6/ Frederik KALBERMATTEN (SUI) burton – hp
- 7/ Gian SIMMEN (SUI) SANTACRUZ – HP
- 8/ Gigi RUEF (AUT) BURTON – SS
- 9/ Heikki SORSA (FIN) BURTON – SS
- 10/ Iker FERNANDEZ (SPA) BURTON – HP
- 11/ Janne KORPI (FIN) NITRO – SS/HP
- 12/ Kevin PEARCE (USA) BURTON – SS
- 13/ Markku Koski (FIN) QUIKSILVER – SS/HP
- 14/ Marko GRILC (SLO) BURTON – SS
- 15/ Markus KELLER (SUI) NITRO – SS/HP
- 16/ Mason AGUIRRE (USA) BURTON – SS
- 17/ Mathieu CREPEL (FRA) ROSSIGNOL – SS
- 18/ Mikkel BANG (NOR) BURTON – SS
- 19/ Peetu PIIROINEN (FIN) BURTON – SS/HP
- 20/ Risto MATTILA (FIN) FLOW – SS
- 21/ Sami SAARENPAA (FIN) BURTON – SS
- 22/ Shaun WHITE (USA) BURTON – SS
- 23/ Torstein HORGMO (NOR) ROME – SS/HP
- 24/ Travis RICE (USA) LIBTECH – SS
- 25/ Vinzenz LUEPS (GER) SCOTT – HP
Burton European Open 07 Current Invited Riders Women (Slopestyle (SS)/Halfpipe (HP) breakdown)
- 1/ Cheryl MAAS (NED) VOLCOM – SS/HP
- 2/ Claudia FLIRI (AUT) VOELKL – SS
- 3/ Hana BEAMAN (USA) RIDE – SS
- 4/ Jenny JONES (GBR) SALOMON – SS
- 5/ Natasza ZUREK (CAN) BURTON – SS
- 6/ Silvia MITTERMUELLER (GER) SANTA CRUZ – SS
- 7/ Torah BRIGHT (AUS) SALOMON – SS
- 8/ Sina CANDRIAN (SUI) BURTON – SS
- 9/ Ellery HOLLINGSWORTH (USA) BURTON – HP
- 10/ Meri PELTONEN (FIN) BURTON – SS
- 11/ Lesley MCKENNA (GBR) ROXY – HP
For further information on this event, click: www.ttrworldtour.com