26/02/2014 | by Yalda Walter
Don’t call it a comeback. Or do, we don’t care, but one thing’s for sure: we’re amped that Europe’s most influential summer camps will be rocking the hell out of HIntertux and the Zillertal for 10 days this May. Be there.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been 10 years since the last SPC wreaked its havoc on Hintertux. Back in the day this was one of the highlights of the summer shred experience, with pros and punters from all four corners of the planet descending on Mayrhofen and the Hintertux glacier for one or several of the weekly summer camp sessions in the always epic park setup, and then sending it in the bars and raging parties in town.
And now to celebrate SPC’s 15th birthday, the camp will get a rebate with a 10 day Revival Session from 5-15 May 2011. As Klaus ‘Captain Kaos’ Marko puts it: “The snow situation at the park venue is looking perfect for May and 70% of the elements are already built and rideable since mid of April. The ingredients for the 10 days REVIVAL ‘traditional SPC approved’.”
Anyone is free to rock up during the 10 days for as long as you want, accommodation reservations can be found at www.tux.at – be sure to look for an appartment or room in the center of Lanersbach close to the Kleine Tenne. Lift tickets are available at the cable car station in Hintertux.
According to their 90s slogan: Ride – Skate – Eat – Chill – Party – Sleep. Captain Kaos and many SPC staff oldtimers are ready to welcome you to the one and only summer session. Here’s some more facts…
- Highest summer park in the eastern Alpes by Betterparks – 25 hits
- Innovative JIB setup by SPC-tubes – another 12 hits
- 2012 products board test during both weekends Friday -Sunday
- “All you can eat” Dinners Thursdays -Saturdays at the Tenne in Lanersbach
- Skatesessions on Thuesdays in Brixlegg`s “The Cradle”
- Massive bonfires on Fridays in TUX
- DJ lineups on Saturdays at the Tenne Lanersbach