Here at Onboard we’re looking to recruit a new German Editor to work on both the magazine and the website. If you know your stuff, know your languages, know how to be on it and know how to party, we want to hear from you. Check the job description…
Here’s the details in corp-speak so we look professional.
German Editor, Onboard
Onboard is looking for a native German-speaking editor to represent the brand in German territories, translate and flow English copy, contribute regular features in print and online and help Onboard cement its position as Europe’s biggest and most legitimate snowboarding magazine and website.
- Reports to the Editor-in-Chief
- Works day to day with the online Editor
- Works with, Head of Design, Advertising Sales Manager and Publisher
- Writing regulars and features for print and online: a high level of written English essential
- Managing translations and editing translated text so the ‘tone of voice’ is right for the Onboard audience
- Flowing translated German copy into the page design, adding photo captions and generally ensuring the German language version of Onboard magazine is produced to the same high standard as the English version.
- Liaising with snowboard industry insiders, resorts, and professional riders to organise editorial and events
- Being the Onboard ambassador in German speaking territories and beyond
- Working with the Onboard team to help generate new ideas and concepts for the Onboard brand
What you will need
- Native German speaker with excellent spoken and written English
- A snowboarder, deep into the scene and culture
- Effective time management and strong organisational skills
- Flexible and happy to work on variety of projects such as arranging events or meeting advertisers
- The ability to innovate and come up with new ideas that will benefit the long-term success of Onboard
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Send a CV with a covering letter explaining why you’re the boss to email@example.com and put the subject as Onboard German Editor Application.