We’re currently looking to recruit a new German Editorial Assistant to work on both our magazine and website. If you know snowboarding like the back of your hand, know your languages, know how to be on it and know how to hold it down, we want to hear from you. Check the job description…
Here’s the details in corp-speak so we look professional.
Onboard is looking for a native German-speaking editorial assistant to manage the translation and flowing of English copy, contribute regular features in print and online, represent the brand in German territories, and help Onboard cement its position as Europe’s biggest and most legitimate snowboarding magazine and website.
- Reports to the Editor-in-Chief
- Works day to day with the online Editor
- Works with, Head of Design, Advertising Sales Manager and Publisher
- Managing translations and editing translated text so the ‘tone of voice’ is right for the Onboard audience.
- Flowing translated German copy into the page design, adding photo captions and generally ensuring the German language version of Onboard magazine is produced to the same high standard as the English version.
- Writing regulars and features for print and online: a high level of written English essential.
- Liaising with snowboard industry insiders.
- Being the Onboard ambassador in German speaking territories and beyond.
What you will need
- Native German speaker with a high level of spoken and written English.
- A snowboarder, deep into the scene and culture.
- Effective time management and strong organisational skills.
- Flexible, innovative and happy to work on variety of projects.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Send a CV with a covering letter explaining why you’re the boss to email@example.com and put the subject as Onboard German Editorial Assistant Application.