11/10/2006 | by Onboard
After a successful kick-off last year, Burton has announced the dates for the Burton AM Tour 2006/07.
This tour is the ideal start for amateur riders with the hope of becoming a professional snowboarder. Up-and-coming riders will have the opportunity to showcase their skills, to win the Burton AM Tour Champion title, and also collect points for the TTR World Ranking system to be listed on the same ranking as the pros (www.ttrworldtour.com).
The Burton AM Tour will start in October 2006 and continues until the end of April 2007. The tour covers 18 stops in 15 European countries, including Latvia, Estonia and Bulgaria. All riders born after 1987 are allowed to participate.
This year Nixon will be the main sponsor of the Burton AM Tour and will be offering an award for the overall standout rider of each event.
Burton AM Tour Calendar 06/07
- 21.10.2006 Landgraaf, NED
- 28.10.2006 Les 2 Alpes, FRA
- 18.11.2006 Milton Keynes, UK
- 02.12.2006 Madrid, SPA
- 16.12.2006 Bispingen (Hamburg), GER
- 13.01.2007 Les Crosets, SUI
- 20.01.2007 Madesimo, ITA
- 03.02.2007 Heubach (Masserberg), GER
- 11.02.2007 Alpe di Siusi, ITA
- 17.02.2007 Bansko, BUL
- 25.02.2007 Wildhaus, SUI
- 03.03.2007 Bialka Tatrzanska, POL
- 10.03.2007 Milzkalns, LAT
- 17.03.2007 Kuutsemäe, EST
- 24.03.2007 Talma, FIN
- 31.03.2007 Are, SWE
- 07.04.2007 Mayrhofen, AUT
- 21.04.2007 Hemsedal, NOR
Check out burton.com/amtour from September 21, 2006 for more detailed information for each individual stop.