Winners of the Landgraaf stop off. Photo: Ueli Christoffel.
Motivated local park crews and an ever growing number of followers help this season’s Burton AM Tour to live up to its good reputation.
Europe’s biggest snowboarding amateur contest series has already stopped in eleven resorts in eleven different countries, with another six stops in four more countries to go. Throughout Europe, riders born between 1988 and 2000 have been greeted by an excellent support from the resorts. However, three stops had to be cancelled due to the warm weather in February. The tour’s main sponsor Suzuki and tour sponsors Burton, RED, and Anon are nevertheless looking forward to crowning the next overall tour winners at the last stop on 26 April 2008 in Val Senales, Italy.
Alicia Bonnaud, Les Crosets. Photo: Ueli Christoffel.
Tim-Kevin Ravnjak, eleven year-old rider from Slovenia and last year’s overall tour winner, is again in the lead in the Kid Boys category. A duel between Alicia Bonnaud (FRA) and Enya Beutler (SUI) is taking place in the Kid Girls category. At the Junior Boys, British rider Sam Turnbull is currently ranked first, with Stefan Ackeret (SUI) hot on his trail. Laura Berry, also from the UK, is in the lead in the Junior Girls category.
Minishreds. Photo: Philipp Ruggli.
All riders collect points for the Swatch TTR World Ranking as every stop is a 2-star event. The overall tour winners will get a Burton European Open 2009 Package, consisting of a reserved starting slot and ‘board and lodging’ for Europe’s biggest snowboard competition held each year in Laax, Switzerland. All riders of the junior categories also compete for a brand new quad from main sponsor Suzuki. For everyone else there are tons of prizes from tour sponsors Burton, RED, and Anon.
Dimi de Jong. Adelboden. Photo: Ueli Christoffel.
Current Tour Leaders:
1. Ravnjak Tim-Kevin / Velenje / SLO / 11 / p. 1950
2. Zilaji Kristian / Medvode / SLO / 14 / p. 1826.50
3. Zilaji Daniel Miha / Medvode / SLO / 10 / p. 1754.75
1. Bonnaud Alicia / Vars les Claux / FRA / 15 / p. 1500
2. Beutler Enya / Trin / SUI / 14 / p. 1471.25
3. Rusin Katarzyna / Krakow / POL / 13 / p. 942.50
1. Turnbull Sam / Leeds / GBR / 16 / p. 1601.25
2. Ackeret Stefan / Winterthur / SUI / 18 / p. 1554.50
3. Parvex Denis / Ins / SUI / 18 / p. 1462
1. Berry Laura / Milton Keynes / GBR / 19 / p. 2000
2. Podgorna Anna / Innsbruck / POL / 19 / p. 1942.50
3. Giacomazzi Gaia / Manno / SUI / 17 / p. 1884
Remaining stops of the Burton AM Tour 2007/08:
22.03.2008 Zolotaya Dolina (RUS)
29.03.2008 Talma (FIN)
05.04.2008 Kläppen (SWE)
11.04.2008 Are (SWE)
26.04.2008 Val Senales (ITA)
More information under www.burtonamtour.com