This week, we draw back our editorial arm and hit German freestyle queen Silvia Mittermüller with Six of the Best.
Six Of The Best…
…Spots to shred
- Copper Mountain
- Whistler Summercamp
…Riders of all time
- Terje Håkonsen
- Tara Dakides
- Shaun White
- Travis Rice
- Peter Line
- Nicola Thost
…Experiences on your snowboard
- Landing my first frontside 3s in Ruka – after falling on my ass for over 1 whole year!
- Kisses on the T bar lift.
- Highest ollie contest in China.
- Discovering that the stories about Japanese tree runs with 1 meter of snow are true.
- Knocking myself out with some memory loss while just going down a slope.
- Pee-ing in the forest without unstrapping your snowboard.
…Things you always take on the mountain
- Chewing gum
- Bottle of water
- Mini hairbrush
- City of God
- Big Fish
- Blood Diamond
- Der Krieger und die Kaiserin
- Or was this about snowboard movies?
- Eating pasta when you get home at 4am
- Drinking a ton a of water when you get home at 4am
- Pasta for breakfast
- Drinking another ton of water
- Sleeping more after breakfast
- Frontside spins with tailgrabs
- (sw) nosepress (sw) bs180s anywhere
- (sw) bs 180s without grabs
- Alley-oop spins in the pipe
- Euro carves
- Nova’s Trick
…Ways to kill time
- Learn something, use your brain
- Read a good book
- Sports, train, exhaust yourself and prevent getting hurt this winter
- Go online and talk to your friends (emails, skype, anything but myspace)
- 8 hours of sleep a night!
- Actually all above I don’t do to kill time, it’s a part of my life I’d say – but if I am really trying to kill time I may paint my toenails!
…things that come with snowboarding
- Having the best reason in the world to get up early in the morning
- All kinds of language skills
- The stoke of learning a new trick
- Unexpected adventures of all kinds
- Being in shape
…Places for vacation
- A beach house in Brazil (hasn’t happened yet)
- Paris and speak French 24-7 (summer 07)
- Amsterdam by accident (a few years ago)
- Low-budget Seychelles vacation with someone you love (summer 06)
- With an RV through New Zealand (hasn’t happened yet)
- Travel by public busses and trains all through the African continent (hasn’t happened yet, only travelled through Morocco)
…Ways to get sponsored
- Right place, moment, situation
- Love what you do
- Focus on getting better not on getting sponsored
- Ride as much as you can
- If you have a lack of skills you will need an image at least
- Have your mum pay your lift tickets
…Groms to watch out for
- Jamie Anderson (already so established but still kind of a grom).
- Marco Smolla (especially if you’re female and over 30 years old).
- Fips Strauss (especially if you’re blond and around 25 years old).
- Tobi Strauss (especially if Fips already scored that night).
- Ethan Morgan (the first on this list I’d really call a grom).
- This little kid from the Summit team in Breck whose name I don’t know but did the sweetest cab 7s all last winter.
Name: Silvia Mittermüller
Date of Birth: 8.8.1983
Sponsors: Oakley, Vans, Elm, Purl, Planet Sports, Grenade
Board of Choice: not longer than 151 and really, really soft
Boots: Vans Omni (I love Boa!)
Bindings: Yes please!