[part title=”Sochi Facts 5-8″]
5. After the Olympics are over, the Olympic village is going to be given to Shaun White as a private training facility. To secure the nondisclosure of possible new tricks learned by White, his team hired the architects of the Great Chinese Wall to surround the area with a similar construction.
6. Like in the gladiator fights in ancient Rome, the rating system will not consist of the usual 100 points system but by thumbs up or down from Putin. Thumbs down being 0 points, horizontal thumbs 50 points, thumbs up 90 points and Putin winking will be a perfect 100. Also newly added to the Olympics is a social media voting of which team has the most fierce looking outfits. The Australians are not allowed to take part in the voting.
7. The venue for the slopestyle and halfpipe contests are placed in Rosa Khutor extreme park, which is about one and a half hours away from Sochi. Contestants are going to use the public bear transport to get there.
8. Just like how the time zone in Sochi is different to ours, so are the regular/goofy stances. Because of the curvature of the earth, the slant is being reversed so all goofy riders will become regular and all regular riders will become goofy.
9. In case of a sudden weather change, the event will not be cancelled like last year’s test event, but switched to the contestants competing against each other playing Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games:
10. Pussy Riot was hired to perform at the Opening Ceremony.