20/02/2007 | by Onboard
Kalle rhymes with balle. Balle is the Swedish word for balls. Kalle has a lot of balls, but he’ll probably smash your ugly gob in if you were to utter the name Kalle Balle. Not because Mr Ohlson is an angry young lad who likes to throw down some fisticuffs or anything, but because you’d be being an asshole. But the fact remains, since this nice chap from Örebro, Sweden, recovered from a series of injuries last season – leaving him without a board sponsor – he has stepped it up even further, proving that he is a little adolescent with some serious cojones.
- Peter Lundström
- Age: 18
- Home resort: Sälen (Kläppen or Tandådalen)
- Contest results: No contest results lately since I’ve been injured, but I got 6th at European Open 2005, 5th at Xbox BDO 2005 and most recently 2nd at Ästethiker in Mayerhofen, 2005
- Regular or goofy: regular
- Stance: maybe 60 cm wide, about 20° front foot and about –18° back foot
- Sponsors: Vans boots and outerwear, Smith, HAZE, and no board and binding sponsors….
What is your favourite trick?
I’ve been trying to come up with a favourite trick now for 10 minutes, but I just can’t come up with one! So I guess I don’t have one.
Who do you hang with on the hill?
With anybody who is fun to ride with! I mostly ride with the boys from Malung.
Which rider has had the most influence on your style?
No-one special. I take inspiration from anybody who rides well with good style, I guess.
Do you have a favourite movie part?
Not really, but Andreas Wiig always rides wicked smooth and Eero Ettala has sick tricks.
What are your plans for the 06/07 season?
Ride snowboards and rip it real good!